Monday, September 8, 2008

An End to Summer!!!


It is over, done, finished complete. And I must say I am a little depressed about it. Labor day has come and gone, and now Summer is over. :(

To finish the summer off we took the kids to Dixfield camping. We camped with the entire Derouche family. I love those times. It is always so nice to get away from home and just relax. And for once the weather agreed, no rain during the day.

We all had a chance to spend some time with Jenn and Mariana at Memeres house also. Mariana has finally softened up to Gage a little bit. She actually put her arms out to him after a nap and cuddled with him for quite awhile. I know she doesn't look too excited, but they both seemed to enjoy their cuddle time.



Then the day arrived. It was too soon for me, but not soon enough for them.



THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! They were so excited to pick out that first outfit, pack their back packs and get on the bus. Don't they look excited?!?!? I was a little sad, as was Ethan. Gage started 4th grade, and Olivia is in 1st grade at Bowdoin Central School. I will miss our long lazy days together. I enjoyed just going with the flow each day. Now it is back to the grind.

Good bye summer, we will miss you :(

No comments: